The Council of the Southern Mountains Records
100 linear feet
Overview & Series
Series I - Administrative Records
Series II - Correspondence
ABB - DES | DIL
- HAG | HAL - KDA | KEE
- MYN | NED - SMI | SMI
Series III -
Commissions | CSEJs | Related
Organizations | Affiliated Organizations | Subject | Funding
Series IV - Mining Records
Series V - Bookstore Records
Series VI - Mountain
Life & Work Production
Series VII - Newspaper Clippings
Series VIII - Publications
Series IX - Speeches and Writings
Series X - Maps
Series XI - Artwork & Folklore
Series XII - Photographs
Series XIII - Audio
Series XIV - Video
Series XV - Blueprints & Posters
Series XVI - Artifacts
|| Organizations: Subject
|| Boxes 126-129
This subseries includes records arranged by subject matter because
they did not belong to one organization. Subjects include Black
Damp, Hunger Programs, Nuclear Plants, Other Strikes, Steel, Tanning
Companies, Textiles, Unemployment, Women, and Women Miners. Records
are arranged alphabetically by subject.
- Black Damp: Articles and Information, 1938-1978
- Black Damp: Disasters, 1968-1978
- Black Damp: Interviews and Testimonies, April 1978
- Gas: Equitable Gas Company, n.d.
- Hunger Programs: American Freedom from Hunger Foundation, Inc.,
- Hunger Programs: Food Stamps Program - Purpose, Food Stamp
Program Act of 1977, Workshop, Budget Problems, 1977
- Hunger Programs: Food Stamps Program - Coupon Issuance, Outreach
Action Plan, Changes to Manual, 1975-1981
- Hunger Programs: Food Stamps Program - Food Stamp Manual (Virginia),
- Hunger Programs: Food Stamps Program - Maximum Allowable Income,
- Hunger Programs: Food Stamps Program - Brochures, Flyers, Booklets,
- Hunger Programs: Food Stamps Program - An Advocates' Index
to the New Food Stamp Regulations, 1978
- Hunger Programs: "The Food Stamp Controversy" by
Barbara Bode, n.d.
- Hunger Programs: Free Lunch Programs in the Public Schools
by Errol Hess, Dwight and Maxine Ratcliff, n.d.
- Hunger Programs: School Lunch Program - Community Inventory,
Field Investigation, 1971
- Hunger Programs: Inter-Divisional Committee on Hunger, 1977-1980
- Hunger Programs: Joint Strategy and Action Committee (JSAC),
- Hunger Programs: American Lutheran Church - Hunger Project
- Hunger Programs: National Council of the Churches of Christ
- Hunger Programs: Presbyterian Hunger Program, 1982
- Hunger Programs: United Methodist Church - Board of Global
Ministries, Letters, 1973-1982
- Hunger Programs: United Methodist Church - Joint Missionary
- Hunger Programs: United Methodist Church - Women in Rural Development,
- Hunger Programs: United Methodist Voluntary Service Letters,
- Hunger Programs: United Methodist Voluntary Service Projects,
- Hunger Programs: United Presbyterian Church, USA, Proposals
and Letters, 1980-1981
- Hunger Programs: West Virginia Anti-Hunger Coalition, n.d.
- Hunger Programs: Letters, 1970-1983
- Hunger Programs: Proposals, 1976-1977
- Hunger Programs: Funding and Budget, 1986-1988
- Hunger Programs: Misc. Papers, 1983
- Hunger Programs: Brochures, Flyers, Newsletters, 1981
- Nuclear Plants: Nuclear Fuel Services Plant, Erwin, TN, 1980
- Other Strikes: Pikeville Methodist Hospital Workers - Strike,
- Other Strikes: Rent Strike Against Housing Authority of Hazard,
- Other Strikes: Richlands Hospital Strike, 1973
- Other Strikes: Tennessee Nuclear Specialties (TNS) Workers
- Steel: ACME Markets v. United Steelworkers of America (USWA)
and Employee Statements, n.d.
- Steel: Cleveland Quarries Company Strike, Amherst, OH, n.d.
- Steel: Clintwood Garment Factory v. United Steelworkers of
America (USWA) - Strike, n.d.
- Steel: Steel Workers Fight Back - Letters and District 35 Info,
- Steel: U.S. Steel - Discrimination Case on Hiring Women Miners,
- Steel: U.S. Steel - Unemployment Insurance Case, 1977
- Tanning Companies: Middlesboro Tanning Company of Delaware,
Bell County, KY (1), 1978-1980
- Tanning Companies: Middlesboro Tanning Company of Delaware,
Bell County, KY (2), 1976-1982
- Textiles: Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
- Hanes Knitwear and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Case, n.d.
- Textiles: Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union -
New Cotton Dust Standards, 1977
- Textiles: J.P. Stevens - Letters, Brochures, Flyers, Information,
- Textiles: J.P. Stevens - Speech, Interview, Research, Various
- Textiles: J.P. Stevens - Boycott and Fact Sheets, 1977
- Textiles: J.P. Stevens - Statements by Jesse Hawkins and Bennett
Taylor, November 1977
- Textiles: J.P. Stevens - Annual Meeting of Shareholders, 1979
- Textiles: Textile Workers Strike in Olive Hill, Carter County,
- Trucking Companies: Dean Trucking Company, Inc., n.d.
- Unemployment: Healthcare for the Unemployed, 1983
- Unemployment: Notes, 1983
- Unemployment: Serving Unemployment Workshop, n.d.
- Unemployment: Unemployment Task force of the Appalachian Alliance,
- Unemployment: Erie County Unemployed Council(ECUC), 1983
- Women: Appalachian Women at Work Photo Project, 1980
- Women: Appalachian Women's Rights Organizations, 1978
- Women: Kentucky Commission on Human Rights, 1974
- Women: Kentucky Commission on Women, 1975
- Women: National Council on Women, Work, and Welfare, 1977
- Women: National Organization for Women (NOW), n.d.
- Women: National Women's Agenda, 1976-1977
- Women: Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, n.d.
- Women: Rural American Women, 1977-1979
- Women: Tennessee Commission on the Status of Women, 1978
- Women: Wider Opportunities for Women (WOW) Papers, 1976-1979
- Women: Wider Opportunities for Women (WOW) Letters, 1976-1981
- Women: Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), 1978
- Women: Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) - The WIC Bulletin
- Women: Women's Action Alliance, Inc., 1976-1978
- Women: Women's Work World, n.d.
- Women: Bibliographies, n.d.
- Women: Appalachian Pathways - Women and Health Conference,
- Women: Conference/Alternative State and Local Policies , n.d.
- Women: Philadelphia Regional Conference for Women, 1980, 1980
- Women: United Nations World Conference on Women, September
- Women: Other Conferences, n.d.
- Women: Department of Labor (Information on Women), 1978
- Women: Various Resources, 1980
- Women: Flyers and Brochures for Various Women's Organizations,
- Women Miners: By-laws of Women in Mining, n.d.
- Women Miners: Letters, Mine Applicants, Travel Report, Notes,
- Women Miners: "Portrait of a Woman Miner - Kathleen 'Cat'
- Women Miners: National Conference of Women Coal Miners, Brochures,
- Women Miners: News Releases and Articles, 1977-1979
Home > Special
Collections & Archives > Southern
Appalachian Archives > Guide to the
Council of the Southern Mountains Records, 1970-1989