--Main Lobby--Exhibits Lobby--North Wing--East Wing--West Wing--South Wing--
--Berea Stories Menu--Berea Campus Map--

Phelps Stokes Chapel

1994 ca. 1920
Built entirely by student labor, Phelps Stokes Chapel is, at present, the only building on Berea's campus that can accommodate all of the faculty and students. The chapel was completed in 1905. In 1927, Olivia Phelps Stokes also donated the chimes, which strike every quarter hour from the bell tower. The chimes were given to commemorate the 25th year of William Goodell Frost's presidency.