--Main Lobby--Exhibits Lobby--North Wing--East Wing--West Wing--South Wing--
--Berea Stories Menu-- Previous Page-- Close the Album--
NEXT PAGE

Top - Berea's First School Building

Bottom - Second School Building

Berea was founded in 1855 under the leadership of John G. Fee. Fee's vision was to found a community in the South which was "anti-rum," "anti-caste," and "anti-slavery." The first building was built in 1855. The second school building may have been built in 1866 when the school began to admit black students.

Photograph Courtesy of Berea College Special Collections